Thursday, February 13, 2014

An Interview With Renee Luke and Be Mine #eroticromance #Valentine

Today we have Renee Luke in the hot seat! She's a multi-published erotic romance author with lots of hot stories to share, but today she's telling us about her Valentine's Day release, Be Mine. She's also giving away a little something, so enjoy the interview and excerpt from this spicy short story, and stick around to enter! 

~Mia

~*~

Interview questions for Renee Luke… 

Quick round:
Coffee, tea or…what’s your vice? Both… coffee in the morning. Tea the rest of the day.

Favorite Movie: This changes. I am still a sucker for the original Sound of Music, and I love Finding Nemo. And, all of the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Favorite Color: Pink.

Favorite book/author: CS Lewis, The Chronicles of Narnia

How do you feel about bacon? I think it’s best left on the pig. I’m a lifelong vegetarian.


The REAL questions… 

Tell us about yourself.
In a microbiology class I took, we played a game called 3 truths and a lie. Mine were, I am a novelist. I breed UKC (United Kennel Club) APBT show quality dogs. I am 28. I have 5 kids. My lie? I’m 28, but I’ll never reveal my real age. I’ve been 28 for a few years now.

In addition to writing, I also love to garden. This past summer, my five year old son and I grew corn, tomatoes, potatoes, sugar peas, our own Halloween pumpkins, peppers, and an array of herbs. Most were eaten fresh, but we’re still pulling frozen veggies from the freezer.

Hmm, what else? Well, my first love is horses, and use to breed and endurance race Arabians. I’ve been living in the suburbs (horseless) for the last of couple of decades, but it is my biggest wish (aside from my children’s success, of course) to get back to a place where I can have Arabians again.

In my writing life, I have no discipline and write when I’m in the mood. That tends to be at night when I’d really like to be cuddled up with my man watching good TV shows, but for some reason, I just don’t get creative by the light of day. And I don’t even write vampires.

I do, however, write a few different genres and sub-genres. I even have a YA out under the name Nyomi Scott. I’m looking forward to doing more of those.

What’s under your bed?
Ha, what is under my bed? Let me check? Oh, ok, two Rubbermaid tubs of old pictures that I really need to have digitalized, and a bunch of shoes. My house lacks storage space and the closets are tiny. I’ve got to put them somewhere.

What comes first, plot or characters?
I guess a spark of an idea comes first. I have a little nugget of a plot, which is only a partial set bones, not even a full skeleton, and definitely lacks substance like organs, muscles, skin…. Once I have the little nugget of an idea for a plot, I need characters. The characters are what drives the plot into completion.

Pantser, plotter, or hybrid? Tell us about your writing process.
I’m mostly a hybrid plotter/pantser. In my novellas and novels, I do a quick outline/sketch. Just one sentence on a numbered page to indicate what should happen in that chapter. That’s it. And then I write. Sometimes the numbers get messed up because characters do things before I anticipated them to, and sometimes things I thought would happen never develop. So, it’s really a sketch and guide rather than structured plot sequence.

Oddest thing on your desk?
My husband’s random black dress sock. I couldn’t find it’s mate when I was putting them away, so tossed it on my desk until the other one turns up.

What’s your most interesting writing quirk?
I spin in my chair while I think.

What’s your favorite thing about the genre you write in?
I love the erotic romance genre because it’s real and the characters in them are dealing with real life issues. But in erotic romance we always get a happily ever after.

What is the hardest thing about being an author?
The promotion and marketing are the hardest part of being an author, to me. I just want to write, but just writing isn’t enough anymore if you want to have writing as a career. You have to be able to promote yourself and reach out to readers. While I love talking and sharing with readers, I am an author not a saleswoman. I’d love to be able to hand off the marketing and promotion entirely to someone else.

What’s the easiest thing about being an author?
The easiest thing about being an author is creating my own schedule. I can do what I want, when I want, and get to the writing when I feel like it. I really should take a look at my schedule and think of writing more as a job. Put my butt in the chair and work on a more consistence pace, but for now, I work/write when I’m inspired.

What do you wish someone had asked you for an interview question? 
Hmmm…. I’m not sure this is my dream question, but it’s one I’m often asked; where have you been for the last 5 years? I was writing for several houses and happily moving forward on a steady clip with my career, and then? And then, I fell off the face of the writing world. So to answer where have I been, I’ll make a list. 1) I got a divorce 2) lost our house to divorce and a crumby market 3) I went back to school to be an RN or RT (Respiratory Therapist) 4) Spent years with my nose in anatomy and physiology books and writing papers on microbiology 5) got a new man 6) had a new baby 7) applied for RN and RT programs but haven’t been selected in the lovely lottery selection process 8) Decided to go back to what makes me happy and where my heart is 9) I’m writing again.

Tell us about your latest release!
BE MINE is an erotic Valentine’s Day romance short story. Adaya owns a flower shop and spent Valentine’s Day making flower arrangements for other women. She doesn’t have a date, but would rather soak in the tub and sip some wine anyway.

Braden goes to the flower shop to get a bouquet for his mama, and though he has a standing Valentine’s Day date with her, the owner of the shop catches his attention and can’t help how attracted to her he is.

He convinces her to give him a shot and tells her that after dinner with his mama, he can make her hotter and wetter than the tub, and be much more intoxicating than any bottle.

Blurb for Be Mine...
Adaya doesn't have a Valentine's Day date, and that's fine with her. She doesn't want one. She'd already worked all day and would rather spend the evening soaking in the tub and sipping some wine.

Braden has a date with another woman—his mother. But once dinner is done, he can’t get sexy and sassy Adaya off his mind.

But can he convince her that he’d be better at getting her hot and wet than the tub, and more intoxicating than any bottle?


Excerpt for Be Mine...
“Damn, she’s fine,” Braden Rice mumbled under his breath as he leaned his forehead of the glass, peering into the florist’s shop. He watched the woman through the glass amble away from the door. The locked door. He needed to draw her attention before she went behind the counter and disappeared out of sight, but he was mesmerized into a stupor watching her walk.

Black leggings clung to her body, showing off a round plump ass and long shapely legs, and she had a sway of her hips that was damn sexy. She wore gray and pink sneakers, but aw shit, that body in some stilettoes… “Damn.”

He shook his head, trying to rid the images invading his thoughts and making his brain swell. He shifted, making room in his boxers for his semi-aroused dick, and then reminded himself what the hell he was doing at there. Lifting a hand, he tapped his knuckles against the glass hard enough for the woman to hear.

She stopped and glanced back over her shoulder at him with an annoyed frown on her face. She turned slowly. And his throat went dry. She was as fine to look at from the front as the rear, with a pink Moore Flowers T-shirt clinging to every curve. The shadow of a flower tattoo peeked out beneath one sleeve. Smooth latte skin, lush lips, dark almond-shaped eyes, all clean of make-up.

“We’re closed,” she yelled. He could tell she was also over- accentuating her lips in an effort for him to read her words, too.

Braden watched her mouth. He knew what she’d said, but he’d have loved to see something else slipping from those delicious lips of hers.


Available on

Find Renee Luke on the Web! 




Contest
Renee would love to have a contest! Leave a comment with how you feel about Valentine's Day and you could be in the running to win some candy! 


Thanks for stopping by! 

5 comments:

Sherika Williams said...

I looved the interview and I earned alot about you that I had no idea of knowing. Thats inresting to know that you just use one sentence and feed off that for that chapter.(gifted) I think my first read from you was Alley Cat and i've been a fan every since . Be Mine was an awesome story and I can't wait for your next book release.

Unknown said...

Hi Mia and Renee,


Hi Ms. Mia and Ms. Renee,

Ms. Renee, you know that I am a loyal fan of yours, and I enjoy all of your works. I enjoyed the interview. I love Valentine's Day. Although, I believe that everyday should be Valentine's Day. You should show the ones you love special time all year round.



Sydney Arrison said...

Renee,
I totally agree about promoting. It's a real pain in the butt! I really enjoyed your interview.

GingerRing said...

Wow what a beautiful cover! You are one busy lady!! Great interview! I'm not real big into Valentine's Day, I think everyday should be a day to eat chocolate and tell that special person that you love them. Good luck with your writing!

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Renee.... I couldn't log in with my name for some reason... sigh...

Thank you ladies for taking the time to read the interview and leave a comment... I really appreciate it. Since it's Valentine's Day and I love all of you, I've decided to gift you all with chocolate, including our amazing hostess, Mia.

Renee_luke@hotmail.com if you inbox me with an address, I'll get you your chocolate. A bit late, but just as delicious...

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.