Friday, January 3, 2014

Interview With Isobelle Cate And Forever at Midnight #paranormal #vampires #werewolves


Today we have paranormal romance author, Isobelle Cate, in the hot seat with a great interview and talking about her latest release from Beau Coup Publishing. Forever at Midnight is book 2 in the Cynn Cruor Bloodline Series. There are vampires, werewolves and humans...oh my! I know you guys like darker paranormals, so this is right up your alley! 

~Mia

~*~


Interview questions for Isobelle Cate… .
Quick round:

Coffee, tea or…what’s your vice?
Oh coffee! A shot of single malt whisky or a glass of Apothic Red on occasion.

Favorite Movie:
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  Yup I'm a Potter fan!

Favorite Color:
Red.

Favorite book/author:
The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran

How do you feel about bacon?
I'd like to bring it home.



Tell us a little about yourself. 
Well, I wear different masks. Mother-writer, wife-professional, scholar-novelist. I live in Manchester, a city that thumps with its own vibe. I am drawn to the little known, the secret stories, about the people and the nations:  the English, the Irish, the Scots, the Welsh, and those who are now part of these nations whatever their origins.  My vision and passion are fueled by my interest and background in history and paradoxically, shaped by growing up in a clan steeped in lore, loyalty, and legend. I am intrigued by forces that simmer beneath the surface of these cultures, the hidden passions, unsaid desires, and yearnings unfulfilled which I hope, come out in my stories.

I used to have a hedgehog. He inspired me to finally chase my dream of being a writer.

What’s under your bed?
I wish it was a paranormal alpha male. Instead I've got a vacuum bag of summer clothes.

What comes first, plot or characters?
Sometimes it's the plot. Other times it's the characters.

Pantser, plotter, or hybrid? Tell us about your writing process.
Definitely a pantser. I've tried plotting an entire story but it comes out complete with the dialogue in my head.  When this happens, I give in to the muse and just keep writing. That said, I do have to keep on going back to the last few paragraphs I wrote previously to get back into the story.

Oddest thing on your desk?
At the moment, it's a bottle of baby cologne.

What’s your most interesting writing quirk?
I put coffee and a bottle of water on my desk, read the last few paragraphs I wrote, and listen to whatever music suits my mood. At the moment it’s Nickleback.

What’s your favorite thing about the genre you write in?
There are so many characters you can create writing paranormal romance. To imagine a world that exists side by side with the world you belong to brings about so many “what if” situations. You can bend the paranormal genre not only to include vampires, werewolves, ghosts, witches or zombies, but also time travel.

What is the hardest thing about being an author?
Making the characters and the story as interesting as possible, dealing with rejection letters, and finding the time to write especially if you have a day job.

What’s the easiest thing about being an author?
I’m not really sure if there is really anything easy about being an author.


Tell us about your latest release!
My latest release is Forever at Midnight.  It’s the second book in the Cynn Cruor Bloodline series and follows the story of Roarke Hamilton and Deanna Logan, how they lost and found each other again, and if destroying Dac Valerian will again keep them apart. 

Forever at Midnight – Cynn Cruor Bloodline Series Book 2

Blurb:
When Roarke catches a glimpse of Deanna in Dac Valerian’s club,

he searches for her in the streets of Manchester just to prove that he hasn’t lost his mind. He is unable to believe that Deanna is alive when he buried her himself nearly five hundred years before. But when Deanna turns up on the street facing the Cynn Cruor’s headquarters, Roarke needs to know why she hid herself from him.

Knowing that her secret can only destroy whatever feelings Roarke has left for her, Deanna remains silent until circumstances force her to reveal everything.

Hearts are broken on both sides but Roarke and Deanna have to work together if they are to find a way of ending Dac and the Scatha Cruor’s power once and for all. Desire rises and passions are rekindled. Will their pursuit of Dac lead to another chance at happiness?

Or will it forever tear them apart?

Excerpt:

“What if I won’t allow you to?” Roarke moved toward her, as stealthy as a panther. And every inch of space he covered spiked Deanna’s pulse rate. There was no denying the way he affected her. “You are my mate, Deanna. Forever entwined.”

Then he pulled her into his arms and kissed her. It was a tender kiss filled with love. Deanna melted as she kissed him. With a groan, Roarke slanted his lips and plundered her mouth with his tongue. The kiss turned desperate, heated, and possessive. Deanna held him tight against her, desire running full blown through her body and down to the apex of her thighs. She wanted him so badly, but how could she? Roarke was right. She was his mate and she would love him for the rest of her life.

From the outside.

Finally, Roarke broke the kiss. His breath skimmed against her skin, his lips brushing her jaw. She shuddered as his tongue licked the sensitive skin behind her ears before trailing the tip over the shell of her ear.

“We will get through this, Deanna. I promise.” His voice was firm and final. “I willna let anyone speak ill of you.”

“That will take a lot of your time,” she said, placing her head against his chest. She closed her eyes, sighing as Roarke smoothed her hair and kissed her forehead.

“I will give up the leadership of the Faesten.”

“What?” She gasped. She raised her head, pushing against his chest. “You can’t!”

Roarke smiled. The back of his fingers caressed her jaw. “Don’t you see, Deanna? You are my life. Now that I’ve found you, do you think I would let you disappear again? I want to make up for lost time. I am nothing without you.”

“But—”

“No buts,” he interrupted. “Finn is more than capable of ruling the Faesten. I’ve wanted to let go of the leadership for a long while. This time is just as good as any.”


Buy links on Amazon:






Follow Isobelle Cate on the Web!




~*~
Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

ICate said...

Hi Mia, thank you so much for having me guest in you blog. :) <3

Unknown said...

Great interview!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.