Saturday, August 9, 2014

Interview with Linda L. Picl and Next Time Love Comes #romance #contemporary

Today we have romance author Linda L. Picl in the hot seat, chatting about her first book! Next Time Love Comes is a second chance at love story. She's giving away an e-copy of the book, so leave a comment! Enjoy! 

~Mia
~*~

Interview questions for …Linda L. Picl

Quick round:
Coffee, tea or…what’s your vice? Vice huh? It’d have to be diet coke and fudge together. Oh of course coffee for breakfast.
Favorite Movie: While You Were Sleeping…love Sandra Bullock.
Favorite Color:  Green, green, green and more green.
Favorite book/author: Anything at all by Robin Carr or Victoria Laurie.
How do you feel about bacon? It’s in my top 2 foods…lol right after the fudge and diet cola together.

Now you can have Diet Coke and Bacon together!

The REAL questions…
Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m a former library circulation clerk that was lucky enough to be able to have the time to write. I live in a suburb of Milwaukee and now that my three kids have left the nest I have a husband and a mini poodle to take care of. I am also a Master Gardener with no place to garden accept a few pots on my townhouse patio.

What’s under your bed?
Wow…the largest dust bunnies you have ever seen. I have dreams of them coming out and attacking me in my sleep.

What comes first, plot or characters?
For sure the plot, if I don’t have an idea where I’m going with the story I can’t even fathom the characters.

Pantser, plotter, or hybrid? Tell us about your writing process.
Hmm…plotter for sure.

Oddest thing on your desk?
Probably the monitor to my computer. I swear it was the first monitor in history. Yes have updated my computer, but I keep burning out the monitors so I go back to the original. It keeps on ticking.

What’s your most interesting writing quirk?
I guess the way I have to talk myself into the seat every day. Writing doesn’t come easily to me, myself  and I. So I always have the “get to work” talk with myself before I start. Once I’ve done everything on the computer that I can think of to distract myself (all the face book games and chatting) then I finally get to work and stay there until I finish what I was supposed to accomplish for the day.

What’s your favorite thing about the genre you write in?
Happy endings…You can push and pull the characters in every direction but somehow they always end up together.

What is the hardest thing about being an author? 
I am finding out it’s not so much the writing the book as it is promoting myself. I’m a very private person and putting myself out there is difficult. But it is worth it. Interviews like this help, thank you by the way.

What’s the easiest thing about being an author?
I can’t think of anything that’s easy, its hard work all the way. Even after the book is published. But it is fun, especially doing these interviews.

What do you wish someone had asked you for an interview question? Here’s your chance to get the soap box out!
I wish they’d ask me if I still want to be doing this in ten years, the answer is yes. Even if I only sell one book, the experience has been fantastic. When my first book was published I could finally say after 5 years of hard, mind blowing work…  “Yes I did it.”

Tell us about your latest release!
My first book Next Time Love Comes is out in e-book form now on Amazon.  It is a second chance at love story about two people who will have to decide if it’s time to move on in their lives.

Blurb for Next Time Love Comes…
Sometimes marriage isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Sometimes you have to take your own life in your hands and change it for the better. Elizabeth Peters knows this and when she meets Aiden Roberts and his handicapped child she realizes she’ll have a fight ahead of her if she wants them in her life. Will she get a second chance at love?

Available at Amazon: http:amzn.to/1sKDFY1

~*~

More about Linda L. Picl
Linda L Picl is married with three grown children, her husband and mini poodle Elliot live in a suburb of Milwaukee. In Linda’s spare time she likes to read, garden, and go antiquing with her husband.

Connect with Linda L. Picl on the Web!

Amazon author page: Amazon.com/author/lindapicl
Twitter:@Lindalpicl
Goodreads:Linda Picl

~*~

Contest Details!

Leave a comment and be entered in a drawing to win an e-copy of Next Time Love Comes. 

Thanks for stopping by! 


6 comments:

Emily's Romance Hangout said...

Great interview! I loved Next Time Love Comes! Great story!

Unknown said...

Always enjoy getting to know more about a writer. Next Time Love Comes is definitely on my "to be read" list.

bn100 said...

Agree about the HEA

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

Thank you for the great interview, I really enjoyed it! Next Time Love Comes is on my tbr list! :)

Unknown said...

I love the HEA best too... and watching the characters grow.

xx

J. Lea Lopez said...

Congratulations on your release!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.