Thursday, October 17, 2013

Meet Leah Michaels, Her Darshu, And Fit To Be Tied! #eroticromance #BDSM

Today we have Siren author Leah Michaels, suffering through the interview and discussing her upcoming release, Fit To Be Tied! She probably has the neatest answer for what's on her desk as well as two really hot covers and blurbs to share! Enjoy! 

~Mia

Interview with Leah Michaels...

Quick round:
Coffee, tea or…what’s your vice? Lattes. I like tea in the winter and I probably drink 5 cups of coffee a week.

Favorite Movie: Princess Bride

Favorite Color: Teal

Favorite book/author: Of all time: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Of the moment: Real by Katy Evans

How do you feel about bacon? I have a healthy love of it. My husband thinks it’s his life blood.


And now for the REAL questions...

Tell us a little about yourself.
I’ve been writing for nearly a decade but I’m only recently published. I spent seven years working on an epic fantasy fiction novel only to realize I’m not an epic fantasy fiction novel writer. I took a few years off to try and regroup after and started writing again at the beginning of this year.

I’m also happily married and the mother of two toddlers.

What’s under your bed? 
Nothing, my box-springs sit directly on the floor. I know I know, it’s a very “college” look but I haven’t been able to find a bedroom suite that my husband and I can agree on. We have… well… dramatically different design tastes.

What comes first, plot or characters? Characters, if you know your people they’ll tell you their story.

Pantser, plotter, or hybrid? Tell us about your writing process. 
Plotter, I usually have a detailed outline of at LEAST 75% of the story before I ever write my first scene. I don’t always follow it because sometimes you characters can surprise you.

Here's Darshu!
Oddest thing on your desk?
Me. Actually it’s probably my Darshu (from the menga Bastard, yes I’m a BIG nerd) action figure. I’ve had him for over 10 years. 

What’s your most interesting writing quirk?
I talk to Darshu when I’m working through a scene. He’s best at rhetorical questions.

What’s your favorite thing about the genre you write in?
In all honesty I think it’s the men, as in the male characters. I think we are able to get away with a much more “alpha” male in our male characters then would generally be accepted in mainstream genres

What is the hardest thing about being an author? 
Finding the time to both writer and promote. I’m horrible at that balance.

What’s the easiest thing about being an author? 
There’s an easy part? I’m not sure if I’d classify it all a difficult but I think you have to work at all of it.
  
Tell us about your latest release!
Out on Bookstrand.com October 23rd and Amazon at Thanksgiving


Blurb For Fit to Be Tied...
What’s a man to do when his fantasy walks into the room in a mask, ornate corset, and miniskirt made of feathers? Grab his favorite length of blue silk
 rope and tie her to his bed.

Mikhail’s life was sitting at a standstill. His undercover case had finally broken and he was free of the character he’d been playing for five years. But when you walk in the gutter there’s no way to stay clean. Haunted by the things he’d done Mikhail had given up the dream of a wife and family. The kind of woman he wanted to be the mother of his children wasn’t attracted to a man covered in tattoos who was rumored to beat his girlfriend. But when Abigail walks into his arms, all pearls, ribbons, and jeweled manicured toes he’ll stop at nothing to keep her.

Abigail didn’t understand her attraction to Mikhail. She’d talked to the man once. Well talked wasn’t right, she’d berated the man once. But she couldn’t get him out of her mind. Love at first site only happened in the movies. It couldn’t be real. He’s decided she belongs to him, but can she trust this feeling won’t fade. She thought it was overwhelming when he staked his claim on her body. She’s in for a ride when he starts working on her heart.


Fit to be Tied won't be available until Oct. 23, but The Accidental Submissive is available now! 

Blurb for The Accidental Submissive...
What’s a girl to do when fate hands her a look into her darkest fantasies? Grab on with both hands, both cuffed hands. Karen McGuven’s dangerously curious nature has gotten her into trouble before, but this time she’s hit the mother lode. Kneeling on the auction block she hears the gavel hit and SOLD just as the blood drains from her head. What has she gotten herself into now?

When Steven Edwards looks up and sees an angel kneeling on his auction block, he knows something’s wrong. Because the angel on her knees isn’t the pain kitten the auctioneer is selling. When he rescues her from a sadist, he can’t help but want to keep her for himself.

When she finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation, and possibly hunted by the Russian mob, he takes her under his protection. Keeping her close to keep her safe, he doesn’t even mind as she stumbles into his heart.

The Accidental Submissive is available at...

~*~

Find Leah Michaels on the Web!



2 comments:

Leah J Michaels said...

Thank you so much Mia for letting guest on your blog. It was tons of fun!!!

Unknown said...

I loved the first book. I can't wait for the next one. Leah you did good!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.