Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Interview With Kathleen Ann Gallagher and Savannah's Journey #contemporaryromance #contest

Today we have contemporary romance author Kathleen Ann Gallagher in the hot seat, with an interview and some juicy tidbits about her latest release, Savannah's Journey. She's also giving away an e-book copy of Savannah’s Journey, so stay tuned. Enjoy! 

~Mia

~*~


Interview questions for Kathleen Ann Gallagher...

Quick round:
Coffee, tea or…what’s your vice? Coffee
Favorite Movie: Out of Africa
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite book/author: The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
How do you feel about bacon? I’ll admit bacon temps me, but I stay away from it.


This poor pup wishes he had your willpower! 

The REAL questions…

Tell us a little about yourself.  
I’ve been writing since I was a young girl.  I love to make new friends and especially like to hear from my readers.

What’s under your bed?  
I’ve got a family of dust bunnies under by bed. Don’t tell anyone.

What comes first, plot or characters? 
I usually dream up the characters first. The plot follows.

Pantser, plotter, or hybrid? Tell us about your writing process.
My writing process is not very organized. I find myself envisioning my hero and heroine first and their story follows. After I know what they look like, I figure out what they want and what is stopping them from getting it. Then I put together their backstory and all the rest comes as I go along. Sometimes I know the ending before the middles of the story. My muse works in strange ways.

Oddest thing on your desk? 
A picture of my father.

What’s your most interesting writing quirk?
I write better with a cup of coffee in hand while I sit in front of the television.

What’s your favorite thing about the genre you write in?
 I write contemporary and paranormal romance.  I love a story where a little magic helps the couple along or an unsettled spirit shows up to add something mysterious to the mix. A contemporary romance is something that can really happen in our lives. Sometimes I draw on past experiences of mine or my friends to come up with a conflict. I get some pretty good conflicts that way.

What is the hardest thing about being an author? 
I find deadlines difficult. I procrastinate until the last minute.

What’s the easiest thing about being an author? 
Being able to work anywhere is a plus.

What do you wish someone had asked you for an interview question? Here’s your chance to get the soap box out! I wish you would have asked me who my inspiration was. I’d tell you it was my father. He was a professional magician.  His love and guidance, along with his zest for life and amazing imagination set me on a path towards pursuing my dream.  

Tell us about your latest release! 
Savannah’s Journey is a contemporary romance about a journalist who finds a chance encounter leads to a season of change.

Blurb for Savannah’s Journey
Savannah Mason, a career minded journalist, spends long hours at work, hoping to take the spot as anchor. She continues to fight for independence and refuses to allow her demanding father to take control of her life, despite his wish for her to take over his surgical practice. On her darkest day twelve years prior, she agreed to give her baby up for adoption. Now, on her daughter’s birthday, a chance encounter gives Savannah an opportunity to explore a corner of her heart she thought was lost forever. Rob Sinclair a renowned surgeon and NY Times best-selling author has a new release and needs a promo spot on the television show, The News Stop. When Savannah gets to conduct the interview, a door opens to her future. But can she walk through that door? The last thing she wants is a relationship, especially one with a divorced doctor who happens to have two small children. This man who seems all wrong for her slowly weaves his way into her heart. But before she is free to accept this love, she must face the unsettled issues in her life. Rob’s commitment to climbing the ladder of success and providing a good life for his children, keeps him on the road for days at a time. When he meets the assertive newswoman, desire and passion awaken his broken spirit. Savannah and Rob’s strong attraction is undeniable as they journey to a place where honesty and the power of forgiveness can guide them both home. Will it be enough to heal the scars of the past and allow them another chance at love?

Buy link for Savannah's Jouney...

~*~

Excerpt for Savannah's Journey...

Sensing what was coming next, she held her breath and waited. “Rob, I don’t…” As he tangled his fingers into her hair, she gave a soft sigh. Rob’s advances tugged at her heart, and she found it hard to resist. He captured her protest with his lips. Savannah wanted this, she couldn’t deny it. Her strong physical attraction to Rob overwhelmed her. Her mind kept coming up with numerous reasons why she shouldn’t spend the night with him, but her body had a different opinion and right now her body was winning.

 Trailer for Savannah’s Journey  http://bit.ly/Tw2BSQ


~*~



More about Kathleen... 
Kathleen lives in New Jersey with her husband and their two dogs. She’s a registered nurse who works in an emergency room. Writing has been her passion since she was a young girl. Contemporary and paranormal romance are her favorites. She has three adult children and three lovable grandsons. Her favorite romantic getaway is Cape May, New Jersey. You might find Kathleen on a beach down the Jersey Shore, wearing a straw hat, sipping on an iced tea, dreaming up her next romance novel.


You can find Kathleen here.
Google https://plus.google.com/u/0/117606070036565136137/posts

~*~
Contest details!
Kathleen is giving away a digital copy of Savannah's Journey to one lucky comment leaver. Good luck! 

~*~
Thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

Emily's Romance Hangout said...

Great interview! Loved the blurb! Thanks for the chance! ekk52281@hotmail.com

Kathleen Ann Gallagher's Place to Reflect said...

Hi Mia! Thank you for the opportunity to do a fun interview.

Kathleen Ann Gallagher's Place to Reflect said...

Hi Emily! I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you!

bn100 said...

Nice item on your desk

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.