Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Isobelle Cate's Midnight's Attonement and Q&A #contest #eroticromance #paranormal

Isobelle Cate is back to visit with a rousing interview and some info about her latest paranormal erotic romance release from Beau Coup Publishing, Midnight's Atonement (Cynn Cruors Bloodline Series, Book 3.) The gorgeous Scott King is on the cover (SQUEE!) and she has a great excerpt to devour as well. Leave a comment to win a $5 Amazon GC . 

Interview questions for Isobelle Cate

Quick round:
Coffee, tea or…what’s your vice? Coffee (day fuel), Apothic Red (mind fuel), or single malt whisky (hot fuel)

Favorite Movie: Kingdom of Heaven

Favorite Color: Blue

Favorite book/author:  Kahlil Gibran’s The Prophet

How do you feel about bacon? I’d like to bring it home.

Isobelle has brought bacon-wrapped apricots to share! MMM...


The REAL questions…

Tell us a little about yourself.
Let’s put a little spin on the “official” bio….

I am a paranormal and contemporary romance author, a Mother-writer, wife-professional, scholar-novelist.  I live in Manchester, UK close to a place where I get most of my inspiration from. The second place I’d like to live in would be Scotland. 

I am drawn to the little known, the secret stories, about the people and the nations: the English, the Irish, the Scots, the Welsh, and those who are now part of these nations whatever their origins. My vision and passion are fuelled by my interest and background in history and paradoxically, shaped by growing up in a clan steeped in lore, loyalty and legend. 

I am fascinated by myths and legends, by alpha males and their relationships throughout time and history, by strong women who dig deep into their well-spring to be the mates their men will die for. I am intrigued by forces that simmer beneath the surface of these cultures, the hidden passions, unsaid desires, and yearnings unfulfilled.

What’s under your bed?
Wooly dust often. Definitely not Monsters, Inc.

What comes first, plot or characters?
A mixture. Most of the time it’s the plot.

Pantser, plotter, or hybrid? Tell us about your writing process.
I’m a plotser.  I’ve tried just doing the plot but the characters just interrupt the creative flow to give their dialogue and I have to heed this. Otherwise, what they say will fly out of my brain, never to be seen again.

Oddest thing on your desk?
A mortar and pestle.

What’s your most interesting writing quirk?
At the moment I have three manuscripts open at the same time and I have been working on them simultaneously.

What’s your favorite thing about the genre you write in?
The possibilities are quite endless. I just have to look for it and it’s defo not under my bed. ;-)

What is the hardest thing about being an author?
At the moment? The writer’s block. It’s a Rubicon to hurdle.

What’s the easiest thing about being an author?
The writing.


What do you wish someone had asked you for an interview question? Here’s your chance to get the soap box out!

Tell us about your latest release!
Midnight’s Atonement, Cynn Cruors Bloodline Series, Book 3

Blurb for Midnight’s Atonement:

Graeme Temple is nearly killed during the Cynn Cruors’ siege of Dac Valerian’s fortress on the Isle of Man, when he takes a silver bullet intended for his Dux, Roarke Hamilton. While on the mend, Graeme meets Kate Corrigan, a woman who enkindles his lust, his desire to possess, his need to protect. It is Kate who gives him a reason to be a better person than he was before. 

Kate is an investigative journalist who has been following a local councilman she believes is involved in human trafficking. When she meets Graeme one rainy day, the attraction she feels toward him is something she longs for but refuses to have. Kate is about to expose the councilman when her friends are kidnapped to silence her. But she refuses to let go. Knowing that the councilman can wield his extensive influence over the police, she looks for help from outside. 


Graeme.

Thrown together, their attraction for each other becomes a passionate conflagration that will not leave them unscathed. But not all is cut and dried. Graeme finds out that the person Kate is after is the very person he has been searching for, for centuries. A great sacrifice is made that can break them apart. Will the feelings they have for each other be more than enough to get them through this storm? Will Graeme be a better man when this debacle is over, and will he be the man to break through the walls of Kate’s heart?



~*~

Excerpt for Midnight’s Atonement
“Why would you want me?” she asked softly. Trepidation edged its way from the deepest recesses of her mind. Would he kiss and tell? Then again, why would it matter? Having sex was hardly something that could destroy a woman’s reputation nowadays. It was no different from a free for all sale where people discarded or returned what they didn’t like. No questions asked.
No strings attached.
Graeme leaned toward her. She moaned when he licked the shell of her ear. “I don’t kiss and tell Kate.”
She exhaled a puff of breath. “Honestly, Mr Temple. How do you do that? Are you a mind reader? And your eyes, they have gold flecks on them that glow?”
“Are we going to just keep on talking or will you allow me to pleasure you. I’m really not in the talking mood and I’m desperately trying not to hunger for your cream on my tongue.”
“Oh my God.” She shuddered, excitement flowed like liquid silk inside her. Her body hummed with the anticipation of pleasure.
Biting her lower lip, she removed her t-shirt. “Is this what you wanted?”
Her hardening nipples poked through the beige lacy cups of her balconette bra. Graeme’s eyes seemed to burn brighter and Kate couldn’t stop herself from arching her back offering her breasts for his taking. Sensual flames licked her skin everywhere Graeme’s hands touched, her body welcoming the contact. He moulded her waist up her ribcage to cup the underside of her breasts again before grazing her peaks through the lace cups with his thumbs. The rubbing of her nipples sent electricity down to her sex causing her to become wetter. Then his thumbs were replaced by his mouth and tongue. Kate was caught up in the dizzying pleasure of his mouth. She moaned when he spoke against her nipples the vibrations rippling through her.
“My eyes turn gold when I desire someone.”
Kate braced one arm against the table while she held on to Graeme’s head with the other, the pleasure she felt becoming unbearable. She needed something more. She needed something inside her.
She wanted Graeme.
Her back arched and she squealed when Graeme ripped her bra and feasted on her breasts.
“Ohh…” she moaned even as her legs went around Graeme’s waist, pulling him closer with her thighs to rub herself against the thick stalk inside his denims. When Graeme let go of her tits and demand that she submit to his kiss, she opened up to him. She allowed him to explore every crevice of her mouth as she gloried at his taste.   She kissed him hungrily sucking on his lips, nibbling and teasing his tongue, giving as he demanded and taking as much as she wanted.
“Graeme please….I need more. Please give me more.” She licked against his throat taking small nips and bites, grazing her teeth against his salty skin. God, she had never felt this wild before! She purred at the feel of his taut skin against her palms, his flesh rippling and tensing everywhere she touched.
He captured her mouth in another torrid kiss that sent her pulse to a frenzy. She couldn’t get enough, the pain in the middle of her core becoming slightly uncomfortable. She nipped at his mouth and sucked on his tongue before letting her tongue swirl around it. She tasted traces of mint even as her nose was filled with his masculine scent.
Graeme let go of her mouth to graze his teeth against her jaw to reach the sensitive spot behind her ear.
“Tell me what you want Kate.”
Graeme gently squeezed her breasts before he rolled her nipples between his fingers. Kate cried out in pleasure.
“Tell me.”
“I don’t know,” she whimpered against his neck feeling as though she was deliciously melting. She turned her head slightly, her mouth against his skin. Her tongue snaked out tasting his saltiness before she sucked the skin over his pulse. The need to suck some more became stronger and she sucked harder, she could taste something coppery against her tongue. Graeme growled.
“Fuck!” he pushed her away gently.
Kate looked at him in confusion and alarm. Then realization dawned.
“You don’t like me.” She whispered, her heart thundering in her throat. And desire wasn’t the cause.
It was rejection.
“Not like you?” Graeme asked her his breathing laboured. “Kate I’ve wanted you since the day I first saw you. You sucking on my neck almost made me come in my jeans.”
A deeper blush stole over her cheeks. “Oh.”
“Kate?”
“I want you inside me too,” she sighed before looking down. “But I’ve not done this in a very long time. I don’t know how else to ask.” She looked up. “Except to say that I need you.”
Graeme chuckled. “You’re doing pretty good so far.”
“Please don’t tease.”
Graeme gave her a hard kiss that sent her senses reeling towards sensual meltdown.
“I’m not teasing.” His eyes darkened, his lust apparent. “Lie down.”

~*~

Connect with Isobelle Cate on the Web!


~*~


Contest Details:  I’m offering a $5 Amazon GC.  Leave a comment to be entered! 

~*~

Thanks for stopping by!  

6 comments:

bn100 said...

Fun interview

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Emily's Romance Hangout said...

Great Interview! I love Isobelle's work and this series is amazing!

Unknown said...

Hi there I did lean a few things new about you !!!!! great interview

Unknown said...

Really enjoy getting to know the authors of things I've read. I've started this series but haven't gotten to book 3, yet.

JanD said...

A mortar and pestle is strange on a desk.
bituin76 at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

A SUPER HOT excerpt (I'm still trying to cool off from reading it), a just as HOT cover model, you love coffee AND Apothic Red! <3 I'm definitely going to have to check this series out!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.