Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Ride for a Cure and N.C Winters #eroticromance #western #cowboys #contest



Today we have erotic romance author N.C Winters in the hot seat, discussing her latest novella, Ride for a Cure. She has a fierce love of bacon and has some swag for a lucky guest! So read on! 

~Mia

~*~

Interview questions for N.C Winters…

Quick round:
Coffee, tea or…what’s your vice?  Soda! I’d die without it, and Coffee as well J

Favorite Movie:  Oh that’s hard I love movies! Ummmm I’ll go with Dirty Dancing.

Favorite Color: Pink

Favorite book/author:  Jasinda Wilder & Kelly Elliott I have read all their books and loved every one of them.

How do you feel about bacon?  Bacon is the SHIT isn’t it? I mean it goes with everything! YUM now I’m hungry and I blame you lol



The REAL questions…
Tell us a little about yourself.  I am a country girl through and through. I was raised most of my life in West Virginia and I love it here. It’s quiet and peaceful, I have a serious addiction to peanut butter cups, and I am a sucker for flowers. I have four children Payten 8, Hannah 6, and Landen & Izabella are almost 4. I married my best friend on 11/11/11 after knowing him 11 years ( and we so did not plan that realized that after the fact lol) I am a fairly busy mama so this is basically my day to day life J


What’s under your bed? 
Ummm I think a couple extra pillows, and possibly a kitten or two ( Yeah mama decided to get knocked up and well they have taken over my room ugh)

What comes first, plot or characters?  Plot for me

Pantser, plotter, or hybrid? Tell us about your writing process. 
I’m going to say plotter, I always have the storyline from beginning to end made up in my head, but I do have a bad habit of not writing it down.

Oddest thing on your desk?
 Bacon?? HA Just kidding umm There really isn’t anything too odd on it just the usual lol
  
What’s your favorite thing about the genre you write in? 
The steam! Who doesn’t love a book full of sexy men and hot sex right?

What is the hardest thing about being an author?  
Becoming known, it is so hard to get your name out.

What’s the easiest thing about being an author?  
Getting to write what you love, setting your own hours.

What do you wish someone had asked you for an interview question?  What inspires you?  I think that there is something different to everyone’s writing process. I have to write about something that affects me. I don’t know why, but I do. Like with The Escape its Anna trying to create a life after loss, Ride for a Cure touches on Autism, and my WIP Love, Honor and Sacrifice is about a Marine. These are all real life issues that I have faced. Sure I have changed them up a bit, but one way or another everything I have written has had my real life experiences in it.

Tell us about your latest release! 
Since I have signed with Beau Coup Ride for a Cure is my latest release, but The Escape will be out soon it’s in editing. That is actually the first book that I Self-Published.

Blurb for Ride for a Cure… 
Grayson James has dedicated almost his entire life to running the ranch his Granddad built for his Grandma in Odessa Texas, but when his niece Macee opens his eyes to a whole new opportunity, he begins to change the lives of kids all over Texas. When Macee gets diagnosed with autism at the young age of three, Grayson immediately notices the bond she seems to have with his horses. She tries to talk and interact with them more than she does people. That's when Grayson starts the Ride for a Cure Foundation, allowing children diagnosed with autism to come to his ranch daily for two weeks out of the summer to ride and interact with his horses. He also raises money to donate to finding a cure. Love was the last thing on his mind until he met Tanley West.

Tanley West grew up in a middle class neighborhood never really doing without, but never having the things money can buy which most kids take for granted, like vacations or a simple shopping trip with her mother.. Her only goal was to go to school and open her own bakery. When she and her best friend Presley Evans finally make that dream a reality, she seems to be on top of the world but Presley knows things have been hard for Tanley since she lost her dad. When Grayson James walks in to their little shop, Sweet Treats, to place an order for his local charity auction, Tanley is blown away and left breathless by his sexy cowboy looks and sweet southern charm. Tanley has a choice, she can let Grayson walk away or she can risk it all for love. Either way, Grayson is not giving up. He sees what he wants - and he wants Tanley.

Buy at Amazon

~*~

Excerpt for Ride for a Cure...

Oh my God, when that man walked in I swear I thought my knees were going to collapse under me. He was easily six foot, with dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, wearing a tight-ass pair of wrangler jeans and a white t-shirt which hugged his body enough for me to know he was seriously ripped. I could see a tattoo peeking out of the edge of his sleeve, but couldn’t fully make out what it was. The hottie wore a cowboy hat which he immediately removed when he started talking to me.




The second he was out the door, I immediately ran to the back to find Presley. Presley and I have been friends our entire lives, neither one of us came from a family who had much of anything and it was always our dream to own a bakery together. So, as soon as we graduated high school we enrolled in The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Dallas, working two jobs each so we could have enough money for everything we needed to start our business. The building was given to me by my dad’s friend Jamie. He had owned it as long as I could remember, but had never used it for anything. We’d been open about a year now and business was thriving for us.

“Pres! Where the hell are you!” I was hollering as I walked all through the back looking for her. As I headed toward our office I heard her hang up the phone.
“Hey, Tan, I'm in here” I went in and plopped down at my desk which sat next to hers. “Okay, ummm, Tan…what the hell? You look love struck,” she said laughing.

I couldn't help but smile at her. “Love struck, no, but totally slobbering on myself, yes,” I laughed as I tossed her the slip I’d made for the sweets Grayson had ordered.

“What the hell, Tan?? Almost three thousand people and you’re not charging him?”

I sat up in my chair a little straighter. “Pres, he runs the Ride for a Cure organization. He does amazing things for children. The least we can do to give back is make some damn sweets.”

She leaned back in her chair giving me her uh-huh look. “Are you doing this for that reason, Tanley West, or are you doing it because he’s sexy?” She let out a giggle.

“How dare you insinuate I would do that? I mean, yea, he’s beyond sexy. He is a serious sexy all on his own.” I laughed, but continued to convince my partner that what I’d done was the right thing to do. “I’ve heard of his organization before and it really is amazing what he does for people. So, I want to give back in a way, ya know?” I leaned forward, looking at my friend, giving her my most serious stare. “Plus I love horses, you know that, and I’ll do whatever I can to help a child, especially a special needs child have the opportunity to get to experience such an amazing animal.”

Presley just smiled over at me indulgently. “Well, I'm glad we can help in some way, but I'm so leaving it up to you to tell the employees what they have to look forward to next week.”

I laughed as I stood up to head out to the bakery. “Yea, you’re so right. They’re going to hate my ass.”

Presley nodded her head and grinned as she walked out of the office. “Yep, they sure are.”

Copyright- N.C Winters

~*~

More about N.C Winters

N.C Winters has called West Virginia home for a over 20 years, she resides there with her husband Shawn and there four kids. She is 100% country and loves mudding and traveling the back roads with her family. The quickest way to her heart is with flowers and a reese cup. She loves country boys, reading and a happy ending.

Connect with N.C on the Web!

Twitter:@authorn.cwinters

~*~
Contest Details! 
N. C Winters is giving away some swag! Leave a comment below to be entered in a drawing. Good luck! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

3 comments:

Susan Newman said...

I really can't wait to read Ride For A Cure...it looks awesome!!!

Unknown said...

Dirty Dancing and pink..plus you write yummy books! Sounds like a great one that I really need to read!

bn100 said...

Nice interview

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.