Thursday, June 13, 2013

Just Ask on the Colors of the Rainbow Blog Jump #MFRWColors


The winner was randomly chosen by my author friend, Lynne St. James who had absolutely no clue what I was trying to accomplish when she picked a number. LOL 

The winner of a copy of Just Ask or Ripped is: 
Debby!

Yay! Thank you to all who participated! 

~Mia. 



MFRW Colors of the Rainbow Bloghop

Welcome to the MFRW Colors of the Rainbow Blog Jump!
Have a seat, some munchies and stick around to enter to win an e-copy of either of my m/m novels: Ripped or Just Ask.

Hi, I'm Mia Downing! I write hot and emotional erotic m/m romances, ones that curl my very stoic editor's toes with breathless delight. Well, that's what she says. I'll let you be the judge of that. Speaking of the editor, she's the reason I wrote Just Ask. They wanted a book to fill their Boys Of Summer line, and she knew I could write fast. At first I was intimidated--it wasn't a genre I had ever expected to write, though I had started reading them and LOVED the chemistry of two men on the page. There's something raw and frank about it that I just love. 

So I started writing. I chose the island setting because the line needed to show boys/men frolicking in the summer sun. Check. I work with horses, so a cowboy hero would be easy. Check. Find another hot hero with some angst issues. Check. I was all set! Until my editor informed me at 18,000 words that I needed to wrap it up. Uh, why? Well...the word count for the submission was 20,000 words. I had neglected to ask that. So, instead of hurrying this one along, I finished it up and wrote Ripped for the Boys of Summer line.




How about a sample of something fun? The set up: Ryan McCale has ended up with an impossible business partner. Jordan Hill wants to sell Bendura Island Resort lock, stock and barrel. Ryan has only a weekend to sell the positives of the island, and so far he's failing miserably. But what he decides is the evening needs yet another challenge for the stuffy businessman to take on! 

~*~

And now, an excerpt from Just Ask...

“You need a challenge,” Ryan informed him.

“My life is filled with challenges, the most recent one finding a blue, Hawaiian shirt," Jordan said.

“And you succeeded.” Ryan swallowed his misgivings and decided to leap into the challenge pool with both feet. Hopefully, the challenge pool was filled with water or something, or he was failing miserably. 

Ryan stood and yanked his shirt off over his head. He glanced at Jordan, sitting a little taller in his chair, his chest rising a little quicker. Ryan unbuttoned his shorts, slid down the zipper, and let them fall. He’d gone commando, so he was naked in the moonlight, semi-erect, and he hoped to hell he didn’t scare the shit out of Jordan. “Let’s go, Hill.” 

“Where?” Jordan’s entire frame had gone rigid in his chair, eyes wide. His Adam’s apple bobbed, once, twice.

“We’re going to swim in an ocean. Naked, because I bet you’ve never done that, either. Knock off two bucket list items in one stone’s throw.” 

“Ryan—” 

“Chicken?” Ryan crossed his arms over his chest. He could see Jordan fighting the urge to cast his gaze down Ryan’s naked body. His lips curved into a slow smile. “Last one in buys beer tomorrow.” 

Jordan hesitated a second, then stood and yanked his shirt over his head without unbuttoning it. The shorts hit the ground next, then his boxers. He was every bit as hot naked as Ryan had anticipated. All lean muscle, his cock semi-erect as well, his skin pale in the torch light mixing with moonbeams. They’d remedy the paleness this weekend, too. But first, a dip.

“Ready?” Ryan challenged. “It’s a straight shot to the water from here, nothing in the way, nothing in the water. Just run and dive, or you’re buying beer.” 

The dim light danced off Jordan’s deep brown eyes and the conflict warring behind them as he glanced down the beach to the shimmering water. His gaze, unreadable, intense, snapped to Ryan’s. But Jordan nodded, drew in a breath, and nodded again. He took the step to the edge of the porch where the railing opened up down three, wide steps to snow-white sand. “Ready.” 

“Then go.”
~*~

Mia's Amazon Page     Mia's Facebook Page    Mia's The Wild Rose Press Page

~*~

So to enter to win an e-copy of Ripped or Just Ask, your choice: 

Leave me a comment with your email and I'll use Random.Org to select a winner! 

Terms and Conditions:
This is a drawing. Only one entrant will win and the odds of winning are dependent on the amount of entries. Void where prohibited by law. Winner will be chosen at random by Random.Org after the blog hop ends (by 6/17/13) and will be notified by email.

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the hop! 















17 comments:

Unknown said...

Mia, I absolutely LOVED "Just Ask"!! You did an amazing job describing the island and the burgeoning relationship between the characters. I totally fell for Ryan and Jordan -- At first I cried but later rejoiced at the ending. The imagery you created was so strong, I felt like I was there through it all. Would love to read "Ripped".
freakgrly[at]aol[dot]com

Mia Downing said...

Thanks so much, Megan! Ryan and Jordan are so special to me and I'm glad you loved them! I've got your name in the running! Don't forget to stop back during the real hop and visit the others!

Unknown said...

I Loved Just Ask too! The character connection was amazing and I couldn't put it down! Thank you for posting. wendynjason04 at gmail dot com

Mia Downing said...

thanks for the kind words, Wendy! You guys are making me blush. :)

Jennifer Lynne said...

Lovely excerpt, Mia! Thanks for sharing :)

laurie said...



Lovely excerpt, Mia! Thanks for sharing :)


parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

R. Ann Siracusa said...

I enjoyed the excerpt.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for participating!

vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I loved both of these stories! :) One of my favorite parts is what happens just after this excerpt. ;)

Shelley Munro said...

Very cool excerpt. Loved your story of how you started writing m/m

Mia Downing said...

thanks for all the great comments! Poisoned Rose, I love what comes next, too! :D But the run down the beach was always my favorite part since it seemed like the beginning of the new Jordan.

Unknown said...

I will never tire of looking at the Just Ask cover. ::sigh:: One of my all time favorite stories, ever! Great post, Mia!

Debby said...

What a great excerpt. I hope I win a copy so I can read more.
debby236 at gmail dot com

janeleopoldquinn.blogspot.com said...

Hi, Mia, I love your island location for a series. Lots of opportunities! ;-)

Emily said...

I've been wanting to read Just Ask, thanks for the giveaway!

tiger-chick-1(at)hotmail(dot)com

Lyndi Lamont said...

Enjoyed the excerpt, too.

bn100 said...

Nice excerpt

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.