Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Rolynn Anderson's Lie Catchers And Interview #TWRP #AmazonFreebie #Contest

Today we're featuring fellow The Wild Rose Press author Rolynn Anderson with an interview and some info about LIE CATCHERS, her latest release! LIE CATCHERs is FREE Feb. 11-15, so head on over to Amazon to get your copy. She's also giving away two waterproof Rite In The Rain mini-notebooks (just like one used in her story.) Lots of free stuff going on! I hope you enjoy. 

~Mia

~*~ 
Quick round for Rolynn Anderson...
Coffee, tea or…what’s your vice? Grande latte, extra hot non-fat with one pump of mocha.  Whipped cream on Sundays, only.
Favorite Movie: Shakespeare in Love
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite book/author:  Larry McMurtry
How do you feel about bacon? Everything tastes better with bacon



Tell us a little about yourself.  I am less than a speck of sand in relation to the universe, yet I yearn to make my mark, to show proof that I was here and what I was made a difference.  I taught high schoolers for thirty years; I’m publishing stories for the next thirty; I nurture relationships with young and old; I golf and garden with verve.  I am happiest when I have purpose. 

What’s under your bed? Critters I can’t see except with a microscope.  No chance I’ll buy the ‘scope.

What comes first, plot or characters? Plot

Pantser, plotter, or hybrid? Tell us about your writing process. I’m a happy pantser, surprised every day by the words bustling across the screen.  At polishing, editing stage, I’m a hybrid.

Oddest thing on your desk?  A tiny gold golf bag with pens shaped like golf clubs.  (I’m an inveterate golfer)

What’s your most interesting writing quirk?  I enjoy defying traditional rules of writing (which may not please my editors).  Labyrinthine sentences, missing subjects or objects, use of white space, unusual punctuation, and made-up words.

What’s your favorite thing about the genre you write in? Suspense/romance allows us to double the tension…in the plot and in the relationship.  I’m twice as likely to create a page-turner, especially if the suspense and romance are cleverly intertwined.

What is the hardest thing about being an author? Placing my books in the hands of many readers.

What’s the easiest thing about being an author? Writing the first draft of a new story.

What do you wish someone had asked you for an interview question? How old are you inside your head?  My answer: Although my knees failed me (I just got both knees completely replaced), I see the world as a forty-year old.  When I was young, I ‘thought’ older.  As I grow older, I ‘think’ young.  I don’t believe I’ll ever be more than forty years old in my head.

Tell us about your latest release!
Intrepid
My husband and I take summer cruises on our boat Intrepid. Our first adventure up the Inside Passage to Alaska revealed the charming town of Petersburg, Alaska, settled first by Tlingit and Haida tribes and later by Norwegians.  The unique setting inspired LIE CATCHERS.  What’s more, an unsolved 1932 crime peaked my interest.  Why not ‘solve’ that crime and add a recent homicide?

So….

A waterproof Rite in the Rain notebook, found in the back pocket of a dead man sets off the turmoil in this Alaska fishing town.  A Treasury agent from Fresno and a free-lance writer from Petersburg have their careers on the line if they can’t figure out the meaning of what’s in the notebook.

Find LIE CATCHERS on Amazon Free Feb 11-15!

Blurb:
Two unsolved murders will tear apart an Alaska fishing town unless a writer and a government agent reveal their secret obsessions.

Treasury agent Parker Browne is working undercover in Petersburg, Alaska to investigate a money scam and a murder. His prime suspect, Liv Hanson, is a freelance writer struggling to save her family’s business. Free spirited, full of life, and with a talent for catching liars, she fascinates Parker.

Trying to prove she’s a legitimate writer who cares about Petersburg’s issues, Liv pens a series of newspaper articles about an old, unsolved murder. When her cold case ties in with Parker’s investigation, bullets start to fly.

Parker understands money trails, and Liv knows the town residents. But he gave up on love two years ago, and she trusts no one, especially with her carefully guarded secret. If they mesh their skills to find the killers, will they survive the fallout?

Links to buy: (LIE CATCHERS is FREE from Feb. 11-15!):

~*~

Contest
Leave a comment and be entered in a contest for one of two waterproof Rite in the Rain mini-notebooks. It's just like the one found in the back pocket of a dead man floating in the waters of Puget Sound (from Lie Catchers, of course.) Rolynn would love to know what your mental age is vs. your present age (I feel 99 today but mentally I'm 24 I think. LOL) 

~*~
Thanks for stopping by! 

8 comments:

Katie O'Sullivan said...

Great interview, ladies! And the new book sounds fun!

Your question is interesting - I think mentally I'm stuck at 39, because that's the age I decided not to care so much about what other people think. It doesn't always work out that way - having my parent over for dinner Saturday brought me right back to being an insecure 20-something!

Susan Macatee said...

Loved the interview!

Mentally I think I'm stuck at 49, because that's the age when I finally felt secure about my goals, my health and my body image. Prior to that age, I always felt I was lacking in some way and trying to prove something. Now, I can just relax and be.

Barbara Edwards said...

I downloaded your free book and look forward to reading it. sounds great.

Maggie Toussaint said...

Hi Rolynn, I've always been disconnected with my calendar age. Don't know why. Some days I feel quite a bit older. A good friend told me I must have an old soul. Now as I've aged to match my mental state, I am starting to feel my age in various joints. I'm sure you know what I mean!

Anyway, I'm stopping by to congratulate you on your release and to comment on your stunning cover. Be sure to enter that one in cover contests!

Wishing you all the best!

Rolynn Anderson said...

Okay, Katie is 39, Susan is 49...I'm in the 40 range, myself. I think Susan has a great point about 'being surer of oneself' in the 40's. For me, I choose 40 because I'm mature enough, but I still feel quite young in my brain. When I ask young people this question they blink like a frog in a hailstorm, not understanding. But those of us over 40 get the disconnect between old bodies and young minds.

Angela Adams said...

Rolynn, I'm so "snow weary" here in Philly...I have no idea how old I am (smile!). Enjoyed the interview and picture of your boat!! Thanks for posting.

Rolynn Anderson said...

Angela, thanks for writing. Some days the brain is as wrinkled as the body...dang I hate those days! Thanks for visiting!

Rolynn Anderson said...

MIa, so glad to visit with you today. Thanks for helping me launch my first ever free day! It's a puzzling marketing strategy, but I'm game to try anything to get my books in the hands of readers! You've been a great host. Rolynn

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.