Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Ginger Ring Chats About Getting Down To Business #TWRP

Today we have a special guest! My friend, Ginger Ring, is celebrating her debut release for The Wild Rose Press. Getting Down to Business is a spicy-hot cougar romp with a twist of great romance. I've read the story and I loved Jessie's spunk as well as BJ's eager to please attitude. It's a great read that will make you wish for a flat tire and a lightning storm! 

Enjoy! 

~Mia

Quick round:

Coffee, tea or…what’s your vice? Cappuccino from the gas station, I don’t like the fancy coffee shop stuff.

Favorite Movie: The Godfather

Favorite Color: Anything that doesn’t clash with my red hair.

Favorite book/author: I have too many to mention but I grew up reading LaVyrle Spencer. I love her story telling style. My favorite book of hers is be Morning Glory. I also loved Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward.

How do you feel about bacon? LOVE BACON!



The REAL questions… 

Tell us a little about yourself. 
I am a country girl from the Midwest. I’m such a nerd that when I went to Vegas in August I actually visited museums instead of hanging out in clubs. As a huge history buff, my favorite places to be are old forts, cemeteries, and historical sites. Lol I took belly dancing lessons for three years, I was an equestrian when I was younger and dreamed of becoming a jockey when I got older. I owned a bridal store for six years and use to work for Victoria’s Secret so I always make sure my heroines have great lingerie. 

What’s under your bed? 
Dust bunnies, a few books, and an occasional cat.

What comes first, plot or characters? 
Characters and setting, I wish the plot was that easy.

Pantser, plotter, or hybrid? Tell us about your writing process. 
I am a pantser. When I sit down to type, the story comes from somewhere in my brain, I’m not sure where but whole scenes have been written that were never intended. For example, I was recently writing a scene in a book where a character is walking across a train track. I wrote that she was ‘careful to walk on the railroad ties and not the rock filled cracks in-between’. I had no clue why I wrote that but there had to be a reason for her doing so. I made the character superstitious and afraid to step out of her comfort zone. So odd phrases or comments made by characters will send me off in a different direction or give me a new aspect to their personality. I am trying to be better at plotting and writing outlines. I also enjoy working with theme.

Oddest thing on your desk? 
What desk? Lol I need to get one. I am usually writing on a laptop on the bed. There is usually a cat or two purring in my lap or begging for food.

What’s your most interesting writing quirk? 
Music. I like to have a soundtrack for the book such as they do for movies. The music should be native to the area, characters or time period I am working on. It sets a mood for the story and I listen to it while I write.

What’s your favorite thing about the genre you write in? 
I want to write in several genres but all centering on romance in small town settings. Life and love is what you make of it and the challenge is to find adventures in everyday to make both of these aspects always interesting and enjoyable even when times are rough. We all want the happily ever after but it is up to the characters and us to make it happen. I love the research for books and creating my characters, flaws and all.

What is the hardest thing about being an author? 
Finding the time to write and being disciplined to do it.  It is a lot harder to do than people think. Writing has given me a greater appreciation for all my favorite authors and the hard work they put into their books.

What’s the easiest thing about being an author? 
I’m not sure yet. Lol I feel that there is always something more to learn and to do but if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

What would be a dream come true for you as a writer?
I am a huge gangster/twenties era fan so I would love to either write a book that is made into a movie or a TV series. The chance to work with favorite actors, costume designers, and all the technical aspects of it would be sensory overload for me.

Tell us about your latest release! 
My first book which just released is titled Getting Down to Business. It is an erotica romance about a career woman that meets a handsome mechanic on the road. She is intrigued, attracted, and charmed by this younger man to the point that she would like to pursue a relationship with him. However, as in real life, sometimes other factors and even business get in the way. It is a fun, sexy short story that I hope people will enjoy.

Blurb for Getting Down to Business...

Tired of living life out of a suitcase, traveling auto parts sales representative Jessie Knutson jumps at the chance for a position close to home. When a flat tire keeps her from an interview appointment and the hot tow truck driver awakens her inner cougar, she realizes too much time away has done a number on her libido. Now the only position she wants involves being naked and pressed tightly against a hot, younger man whose eyes say she's more than a roadside pickup.

BJ Spencer has no time for love with an auto parts store to run, though he yearns to find the right woman someday. So when the smoking hot redhead he rescues alongside the road gives him a sexy smile, he remembers sometimes a man needs to enjoy the finer things in life. Long legs encased in thigh-highs are definitely fine, but Jessie seems to be total perfection in a tempting package. BJ just might be able to make both business and pleasure work for him this time.

~*~
And now, an excerpt from Getting Down to Business

“I hope you like the blues, ma'am. We don't get too many channels back here.”

Jessica nodded her approval. The sultry vibrations of Southern blues serenaded her. It didn’t take long for BJ to unload her car, pump up the jack, and start working on her tire. Watching the hunky mechanic work, listening to calming music, and feeling the wild rush of pre-storm air was exciting and nostalgic at the same time. She had grown up in a garage like this and instantly felt at home. The place was organized, quaint, and had the distinct smell of rubber and oil. A dark patina of grime coated the walls and worktables. A girly calendar and a time card machine graced the wall above the radio. Even the zip zip sound of the impact wrench was music to her ears.

Somewhere along the way—she really didn't care when—BJ had shed his shirt. His arm muscles bulged as he pulled off the tire. His sculpted chest glistened, broad shoulders flexed, muscles tightening. Her breasts ached to be pressed naked up against his chest, her body wanted to be held tight in those strong arms. She loved a man with chest hair. Springy black coils enhanced his pecs before tapering to a neat treasure trail heading south. She clasped her hands together, but they still involuntarily wiggled on their own, itching to run their way through the thick, dark curls.

Jessie had time to think while watching him work. Her mind reeled with plans to seduce him, but she was starting to think that was what he wanted her to do. Maybe she would wait and enjoy the show a little longer. He didn't seem to be in that big a hurry to get the job done.

He checked air pressure in the other three tires for possible leaks as well. BJ stretched and flexed his muscles several times—not that she was counting or anything. Her concentration broke only a couple times to listen to the severe weather warnings beeping on the radio.

BJ strutted by her again and returned from the office carrying a big towel. He headed to an outside water pump. Pulling the pump handle up, he splashed water from the hose over his glistening upper body and head. He shook his head sending a spray of droplets in every direction. Jessie smiled as she enjoyed the show. Boldly he glanced her way every so often and flexed a muscle or two. Yes, he was definitely hoping for some kind of response. She'd let him beg a little more. The click of the water handle hitting the pump ended his shower. Drying off with the towel, he headed back toward her chair.

His eyes locked on hers, a suggestive smile on his face. “Anything else I can interest you in today, ma'am, since we're already here in the garage? Need any spark plugs, a battery check…” He grinned and raised an eyebrow. “Lube job?” The Southern drawl rumbled slow and exaggerated.

Jessica almost laughed out loud. If she was anymore “lubed up,” she would slide right off the chair.

~*~


Purchase Getting Down To Business!

Exclusively at:

More About Ginger... 

Ginger Ring is an eclectic, hat-loving Midwestern girl with a weakness for cheese, dark chocolate, and the Green Bay Packers. She loves reading, playing with her cats, watching great movies, and has a quirky sense of humor. Publishing a book has been a lifelong dream of hers and she is excited to share her romantic stories with you. Her heroines are classy, sassy and in search of love and adventure. When Ginger isn’t tracking down old gangster haunts or stopping at historical landmarks, you can find her on the backwaters of the Mississippi River fishing with her husband.








3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great interview!! Loved learning more about you Ginger!! Loved this book too!! Can't wait for some 20's era stories too :D

Linda Rae Sande said...

Loved the interview and learning more about Ginger -- I'll be getting this book and am looking forward to future books and attending conventions with Ginger :-)

GingerRing said...

Thanks for hosting me Mia and thank you for the nice comments ladies!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.