Thursday, July 24, 2014

Michelle Escamilla's Dark Secret #contest #paranormal #romance

Today we have paranormal romance author Michelle Escamilla in the hot seat, discussing her latest release, Dark Secret. This is book one of two in her latest series and she hopes book two will be released next month! She's giving away an e-copy of Dark Secret to one lucky comment leaver. 

Enjoy! 

~Mia


~*~

Interview questions for Michelle Escamilla

Quick round:
Coffee, tea or…what’s your vice? While I kill for coffee in the morning- If I had Dr. Pepper in the fridge I’d choose that first.

Favorite Movie: It’s a toss-up Bridesmaids or Anchorman

Favorite Color: Green

Favorite book/author: Maya Banks –her Sweet Series

How do you feel about bacon? OMG this is sore subject. I recently became vegetarian (on a bet for a month). I LOVE bacon and miss it at the moment.



The REAL questions…
Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m a stay at home mom. I have a 6 year old, who I get rid of for the day for school (yaaay) and a 4 year old who I’m stuck with hahaha! Totally kidding, love my kids. I am finishing my degree in Business this December. My husband is a really great guy, he gets on my last nerve sometimes, but love him to death! I never thought that I’d actually become a writer, but I really love what I do. The possibilities are endless with the stories.


Twitter:@msescamilla

What’s under your bed?  
Not an appropriate subject haha! No, I have bins of clothes and craft supplies (that I NEVER use)

What comes first, plot or characters? 
Plot.

Pantser, plotter, or hybrid? Tell us about your writing process.
Usually, it’s a dream that I had about the perfect situation. I will write down the basic plot and then go from there. I am really old fashioned and I have a notebook with a pen. I have one by my laptop and then one by my bed.

Oddest thing on your desk?
*hangs head* I don’t really have a desk.

What’s your most interesting writing quirk?
I think its my book Dark Secret. I never imagined writing it and then all the sudden I’m on page 150

What’s your favorite thing about the genre you write in?
Because I write romance, I can go as hot as erotica to aww he gave her a peck on the cheek. It’s so easy to pick the hot level and who can say no to a love story… no don’t answer haha!

What is the hardest thing about being an author? 
 Honestly, making sure you write for your audience. You want them to be happy, but you want to bring in new readers. I think it’s the hardest thing for me is trying to please everyone.

What’s the easiest thing about being an author?
The flexible schedule. Being a stay at home mom and daycare being ridiculously expensive- I can ‘work’ from home

What do you wish someone had asked you for an interview question? 
Here’s your chance to get the soap box out! Do you want to make a lot of money? Haha! You know, I dunno! It has actually been YEARS since I had an interview.

Tell us about your latest release!
SO! Dark Secret. It’s about Emma, she lives the most ‘normal’ of lives. She meets Mr. Tall, Dark and Handsome one night and suddenly her world begins to change. Things begin to happen – magical things. Turns out she’s a witch! She slowly begins to learn her powers, but when she thinks things are going to be awesome and turn out for the best for her – something happens. That’s where I’m going to tell you get your copy and check it out!




Blurb for Dark Secret… 
Emma Blackwood was the epitome of ordinary. She lived in a small town, where she excelled in school and loved to hang out with her friends. Wanting to escape from her ordinary life, she headed to college in the city. But as soon as college life was over, she found herself back to the same old routine. Normal.
After a night on the town with her best friend, Kyle, Emma meets a mysterious man. One small touch of his hand made her feel things that she’s never experienced before. That moment changed everything for Emma. ‘Normal’ was never going to be a word to describe her ever again.

Micah Oliver didn’t grow up in a normal world. His mother, a witch, had passed on her powers to him. He had a gift, one that could sense when others, like him, were near. Finding Emma was supposed to be a blessing for him, someone that would understand his way of life. Or was it?

Emma doesn’t know her past, or her future and Micah has the answers, but there is one problem.

He has a Dark Secret….
  
Amazon buy link:




~*~


Leave a comment and you might be up for a flash giveaway!!! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

VERY YUMMY excerpt! No more bacon?!? That's so sad! LOL

John Poindexter said...

Enjoyed the talk betwen you two. Thanks for posting this.

bn100 said...

Bridesmaids is funny

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.