Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Teach Me To Ride with Rachel Leigh!

Today we have the fabulous Rachel Leigh and a character interview for her newest The Wild Rose Press release, Teach Me to Ride! I'm a horse girl at heart, so anything that has to to with show jumping and romance is a win/win for me. Make it hot and spicy and I'm in heaven! Well, Rachel has all that in her newest release. Here's a blurb and then a revealing character interview with horseman Michael Canton. 

Enjoy! 

~ Mia






BLURB for Teach Me to Ride:

Caroline James wants to be the best investigative journalist London has ever seen. But until she has the money to leave the small town of Fayre Mead, she's stuck and her resentment is building. So when she’s assigned to cover the Lakeland Horse Trials and meets sexy, dark-haired, and astoundingly fit horse trainer, Michael Canton, she is happy to vent some sexual and emotional frustration…and write the story of her career. But after getting personal with Michael, can she remain impersonal with the article?

Michael Canton will do anything in his power to silence his tyrannical father once and for all. Under extreme pressure to compete in the countries show jumper trials and prove his worth, Michael’s fiery emotions are running high. Caroline’s beauty and sexual confidence stokes an inner strength and determination he never knew he had. But can he trust her to know the difference between fact and fiction? Together, they are a formidable team…but will their burning ambitions ultimately blow them apart?


Character Interview with Michael Canton

What was your childhood like?

I grew up surrounded by horses. My father was a renowned show jumper in the eighties and horses have been in my life forever. My relationship with my parents was…and still is, strained at best. I love my mom very much but the behavior she’s tolerated from my father is hard for a child to understand or forgive.

Now I’m older, I see she was a woman in love but also a woman who enjoyed the wealth and notoriety being married to my father brought. As for my father…let’s not go there.

You’ve recently spent a lot of time with a local journalist, Caroline James. Do you want to tell us about that?

::Fidgets before turning steely eyes:: She wanted a story from me–a story she hoped would catapult her career to the City. We met under tense circumstances. We needed each other.

And now?

And now things are…developing. That’s all I have to say.

What do you do for fun?

Training my horses is my work but also my fun. I’m with them as many hours as possible. Fitness is ultra important to me so I swim and play squash as much as possible. I’m also learning to have some down time recently – let’s just say decent food, great wine and a phenomenal sex life can turn a guy’s head from what he thought important before he met a certain someone.

Do you see children in your future?

Yes. As many as possible. I love kids and have a lot of love to give. If God blesses me and they come along, they will be my focus entirely.

Quickie Questions

Favorite food?  Mexican

Favorite drink?  Merlot

Favorite TV show? CSI

Favorite Book  Anything by Dick Francis

Favourite Artist/Band  The Killers


Teach Me to Ride is available exclusively on Amazon KDP select! Look for her world wide release date late November/early December. 

Available at: Amazon



More about Rachel... 

Rachel Leigh lives in the UK and has been married to her own sexy hero for fifteen years.

With four novellas contracted with The Wild Rose Press, Rachel is busy plotting her fifth, sixth and seventh. She plans to venture into the historical genre for the first time and write a trio of novellas set in a small English village in the early1900s. The characters we meet aren’t quite as prim and proper as they seem…

When Rachel isn't writing, she's reading, watching TV, running around after her two daughters....or playing with her husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.