Monday, June 30, 2014

Q&A with Gracie Wilson, A Lonely Girl Author #newadult

Today we have New Adult author Gracie Wilson in the hot seat, chatting about her love of fish and her debut novel, A Lonely Girl, the first of a 4 book series. I hope you'll check out her author links and book on Amazon! Enjoy!

~Mia

~*~

Interview questions for Gracie Wilson…

Quick round:
Coffee, tea or…what’s your vice? I don’t drink Caffeine

Favorite Movie: The Blue Planet (documentary)

Favorite Color: Green

Favorite book/author: Jamie McGurie

How do you feel about bacon? …Tasty?

Here's a bacon fish for Gracie since she loves fish!
I have no clue who owns the picture, but kudos if it's you!
The REAL questions…

Tell us a little about yourself. 
My name is Gracie Wilson. I am 25 years old. The Lonely Girl is my first book and will be a series containing four books. I have another series being released later this year.


What’s under your bed?
Monsters…

What comes first, plot or characters? 
I feel they come together hand in hand.

Pantser, plotter, or hybrid? Tell us about your writing process. 
 I sit with my mac and just start writing, no real planning. I just let the story take me where it wants to go.

Oddest thing on your desk?
Fish.

What’s your most interesting writing quirk?
 I have to have my hair up in a pony or clip.

What’s your favorite thing about the genre you write in? 
You can take it anywhere, there really aren’t any rules with New Adult.

What is the hardest thing about being an author?
 The negative attention and cyber issues.

What’s the easiest thing about being an author?
Meeting readers and getting to know them.

What do you wish someone had asked you for an interview question? Here’s your chance to get the soap box out!

Where do you plan to travel next to see fish or What’s you favourite type of fish.

Mia adds: Gracie tole me her favorite fish is the clown fish. She also loves the whale shark and has been to Scotland and aquariums in the U.S. and Canada to view fish.


Blurb for The Lonely Girl…
What if one day you woke up and found your heart had been shattered? You lost the one person
you loved more than anything.

What happens when you learn to move on even though you thought you'd never be able to again?
Is it worth the risk to try and let someone in? Is it better to be left alone then take the chance of
more heartache? This time will be different. Becca slowly starts to put the shattered pieces of her heart back
together only to have it broken again by someone she trusted. Can her heart that was barely
healed in the first place be fixed, again?

Becca falls for someone new, but will her heart be safe. Will she survive the secrets that come
out from the past? Love is worth the risk. Can she really believe that? The question is: is he
worth the risk?

Buy at Amazon


Excerpt for The Lonely Girl...
I wipe my tears off my face hoping I’m not going to display an ugly cry face when I turn to see this man. 

“Yeah, it really is beautiful.” 

When my eyes catch his I’m thrown back by the mere sight of him and gasp. God, is there something in the food here? He’s beautiful and not in a girlie way. He has the most piercing hazel eyes you can imagine. What my friends from back home would call ‘panty droppers’. He’s slim, but built, and I’d say slightly over six feet. He’s got honey brown hair that sweeps to the side, with what looks like permanent helmet head, but it’s so sexy. He gives me a sexy smirk and I know he’s flirting. 

“Oh, yeah, the water is beautiful too.” 

I find myself wanting to giggle like the high schooler I am, but I’m so shocked he’s talking about me that I just turn and face the water again. I hear the crunch of the ground behind me and for a second I think he’s leaving but then I see him sit next to me. 

“What’s got a beautiful girl like you out here and all upset?”

~*~

More about Gracie Wilson

Look for her in the trees enjoying nature’s wonders, traveling to see the latest animal conservations, or at aquariums all around the world. This girl loves nature and all animals. She has many pets and is always adding new editions. The more the merrier in her mind. Sitting under the shade reading a book, letting the world around her pass by, while she is safe in her bubble of imagination. Well that is where she’d love to stay. She is a softball player, can be talked into the occasional Karaoke and loves going out to dance. She is a first generation Canadian living in Ontario. Her family is from Scotland, so finding her in the hot sun for very long is unlikely, but give her rain and thunderstorms and she’s golden. 

Connect with Gracie Wilson on the Web!





~*~

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.