Sunday, November 2, 2014

Hiding Out With Nicole Andrews Moore #interview #romance


Today we have author Nicole Andrews Moore in the hot seat, talking about the UFO on her desk and her latest release, Hiding Out (The Davenport Agency Book 1). 

Enjoy!

~Mia. 

~*~

Quick round for Nicole Andrews Moore...

Coffee, tea or…what’s your vice? Tea.  I love it.  The more sugar the better.

Favorite Movie: At the risk of sounding cliché…The Notebook

Favorite Color: Purple

Favorite book/author: Ever…The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Eupery

How do you feel about bacon? Cannot live without it.  Seriously.  It’s a staple of my diet.   



Tell us a little about yourself. 
The first time I hit publish, it was because my now husband told me he’d break up with me if I didn’t do it.  Sam sure does know how to motivate me.  We embrace life as an adventure, which is great since we’ve had so many.  The biggest was the birth of our daughter, Kenna, sixteen weeks too soon.  She weighed 9.6 ounces, making her the fourth smallest surviving preemie in the world.  Still she’s amazing, my hero, and has taught me how to put life in perspective. 

What’s under your bed?
Nothing.  You should have asked me what’s in my nightstand.  That’s way more interesting.

What comes first, plot or characters?
The plot.  Every time.  And then I try to figure out the characters.

Pantser, plotter, or hybrid? Tell us about your writing process.
I’d say that I have a loose plot when I start writing, then I get stuck and brainstorm any number of times until I finally finish the book. 

Oddest thing on your desk?
A skywriter UFO that my husband just had to have.  He can type a message into it and float it above me while I work.  Yes, it’s like having one more kid.

What’s your most interesting writing quirk?
Hmm.  I brainstorm each book with a different person.  I don’t think I’ve ever used the same person twice.

What’s your favorite thing about the genre you write in?
I love romance.  I love creating those moments, the feelings, and having it touch someone.

What is the hardest thing about being an author?
Building a social media presence.  Part of me just wants to write books and stick them out there.  I like hibernating.  The other part of me adores when readers reach out.  I love interacting and hearing from them.

What’s the easiest thing about being an author?
Seriously, the writing is the easy part.  I really enjoy coming up with book ideas.

What do you wish someone had asked you for an interview question? Here’s your chance to get the soap box out!
Is there a theme, a platform for your writing?  I always like to say I write books about happiness, hope, and love.  So many of these stories are about second chances. 

Tell us about your latest release!

Hiding Out is about a woman who survives a terrible experience and instead of withering up and dying, she manages to pull herself together and build a new life.  In the process, she meets an amazing man who is everything she never knew she always wanted.  With his love and support she is able to move from hiding into the light so she can build a future.

Blurb for Hiding Out...
Samuel Davenport runs his family's New York based advertising agency. His brother, Adam, runs from responsibility and anything remotely boring. And his temp, Haley, runs so she'll never be caught and hurt again. She moved to the city New Year's Day to hide and recover, to build a new life far from her past. In an effort to lie low, Haley never expects to be more than a temp. What begins for Sam as an excuse to get to know her better, ends up being an opportunity for advancement and excitement for Haley. When Sam tries to uncover all of Haley's mysteries, he exposes her hiding place, endangers her life, and threatens to destroy any chance of them ever having a future together.

Amazon Buy Link:


Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.