Saturday, November 1, 2014

Getting Sinful with Emma Nichols #erotica #interview

Today we have an interview with Emma Nichols, discussing the three books in her Sinful Series. This series has plenty of good reviews on Amazon and has a fun, sexy premise. Check it out!

~Mia

~*~

Quick round for Emma Nichols

Coffee, tea or…what’s your vice?
Hot chocolate.  The more chocolate the better.  Although I never turn down the whipped cream and syrup garnish either.

Favorite Movie:
Now…it’s Gone Girl.  I read the book and thought…damn, I wish I had come up with that.

Favorite Color:
Love rich colors, jewel tones…

Favorite book/author:
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  Read it.  Right now.  Step away from the laptop, dust off your Kindle and start it.

How do you feel about bacon?
I’d marry it.  My relationship with bacon has lasted far longer than any I’ve ever had with a man.



Tell us a little about yourself. 
I was inspired to write a book about the Sex Bucket list because I had completed 47 of the 50 items.  Is this the kind of thing you meant?  ;)

What’s under your bed?
My toy box…complete with blindfold, lotions, flavored and heated lubes, naughty dice, games, movies, and a copy of the KamaSutra.

What comes first, plot or characters?
I start with a plot…or a hint of a plot.

Pantser, plotter, or hybrid? Tell us about your writing process.
I totally fly by the seat of my pants.  My betas will comment that they can’t wait to see what’s going to happen next, and no one is more surprised than I am.

Oddest thing on your desk?
Remote control.  It’s a sure sign I’m a single woman, otherwise I’d never get to touch it.

What’s your most interesting writing quirk?
I love writing destination books.  My characters always seem to travel and have sex in new and wonderful places because I love researching them and dreaming about it.  So far, I’ve had them on a cruise, in Vegas, and vacationing in Hedonism.

What’s your favorite thing about the genre you write in?
The sex.  I love that I can get naughty and make money doing it.

What is the hardest thing about being an author?
Staying original.  I’m always so afraid I’ll write something inadvertently like someone else.

What’s the easiest thing about being an author?
I love writing.  Working in pajamas and yoga pants.  It’s practically the author dress code.

What makes your books different from others in the genre?  
So often I hear that erotica is just a bunch of loosely held together sex scenes.  I like writing a story, ultimately a love story.  You can still be super naughty in a relationship.  Trust me, I’ve done it.

Tell us about your latest release!

I just finished writing The Sinful Series: Sin at Sea, Vixen in Vegas, and Heaven in Hedonism.  These books feature two best friends, Alysin (Sin) and Jolie, who have spent the past ten years as digital nomads, living all over the globe.  We meet them just as Sin discovers her boyfriend is cheating on her.  Their response is to hop on a cruise ship.  That’s when Sin meets Mr. Bedroom Eyes.  This is supposed to be a week of unbridled passion with no names or contact information exchanged, but feelings get in the way and they agree to meet in Vegas, which is where the second book picks up.  The final installment is Jolie’s story, Heaven in Hedonism.  While I won’t give anything away, know that I believe in happy endings. 

~*~

Blurb for Sin at Sea (Sinful Series, Book 1):
When Alysin surprised her boyfriend at work with dinner, the surprise was on her. Since he was going at it with his secretary on the conference table, she packed a bag and called her BFF. Jolie and Alysin have been traveling the country, working as digital nomads for ten years, ever since graduation. Taking this as a sign it was time for a new move, they decide to take a cruise, regroup, and make a plan. Then she meets Mr. Bedroom Eyes. Following her lead, they pretend to be married so she can rid herself of the guy who started hitting on her before the boat left the dock. Though it’s supposed to be a momentary arrangement, he asks her to take it one step farther. Then another and another. The cruise promises to be memorable in every way that matters. Along the way, Alysin learns she won't have to fake an orgasm if she's with someone who knows what to do, that not all men suck but the best ones suck really well, and that sometimes what starts out as something pretend can fast become something completely real. Will the woman who lives life with no regrets, regret that she made that stupid rule about not exchanging names and contact info?
Buy Link for Sin at Sea:

~*~

Blurb for Vixen in Vegas (Sinful Series book 2):
It was supposed to be a week of simply being, of living in the moment and enjoying every minute while it lasted. Of course, that kind of intoxication can have lingering effects.


For Sin, she finds herself wanting to break all the rules, to extend her time with the stranger who stole her heart. Vegas is just the right kind of place to take such a gamble.

Meeting up with BE at the gondolas is a risk. Love goes against everything they'd promised one another. But the best things in life can’t be planned. Soon Alysin will be tested. After guarding her heart for so long, she finally lets a man in and discovers that the worst things in life happen when she least expects them.

When she walks in on BE with another woman and overhears their heated conversation, she suddenly remembers there is a reason she made these rules.

Will broken rules lead to broken hearts?

Or will she realize that though love is a gamble - - she's all in?



Buy Links for Vixen in Vegas:

~*~

Blurb for Heaven In Hedonism (Sinful Series book 3)...
For ten years, Sin and Jolie were inseparable. Now with Sin happily married and pregnant with twins, Jolie is feeling lost and restless. She knows something is missing, but the closest she comes up with is a desire for her own baby. Maybe, if she could just get past her issue with men, she could find a proper sperm donor.

For the past ten months, she's been working with Mac. Other than being male, he's younger, her complete opposite, and pretty much wrong in every way. Soon he instructs Jolie to take a vacation, and decides to join her. It's only a week, but by now Jolie should know that someone who seems wrong can be oh so right, and a week can change the course of a life.


To Be Released November, 2014

~*~

Emma's Author Links:



~*~

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.