Friday, November 29, 2013

Jessie Evans Chats About True Love And Keeping You #contemporaryromance


Today we have contemporary romance author Jessie Evans in the hot seat and chatting about her new series, Always A Bridesmaid. This southern girl guest loves coffee and bacon, and I know you'll enjoy her short excerpt of Keeping You. If you don't know what a dulcimer is then this is your chance to learn a little something. 

~Mia


Interview questions for Jessie Evans!

Quick round:

Coffee, tea or…what’s your vice? COFFEE! (I’ve had a few cups today, already.)

Favorite Movie: Some Kind of Wonderful

Favorite Color: Sky Blue

Favorite book/author:  Anything by Victoria Dahl

How do you feel about bacon? More, please. On EVERYTHING! Bacon makes everything just a little better.




The REAL questions… 

Tell us a little about yourself. 
I had no clue what a dulcimer was
(bad Mia) so I looked it up.
It's played in a variety of ways--
plucked, hammered or with a bow.
Now I'm intrigued!
I gave up a career as an international woman of mystery to write sexy Southern romances. (International mystery makes child-rearing difficult and I am definitely a family woman first and foremost.) I enjoy sewing my own dresses, making ugly quilts for my friends, playing the dulcimer (badly), and going on adventures with my amazing husband and crazy kids.

What’s under your bed?
Drawers. We live in a tiny house and have to make use of every bit of storage space.

What comes first, plot or characters?
They come together and inform each other.

Pantser, plotter, or hybrid? Tell us about your writing process.
I am a pantsy-plotter. I like to start with the bare bones of the story and then let the scenes flow organically toward the ending. It’s so much more fun that way!

Oddest thing on your desk?
A pewter crawfish my husband bought me for my 32nd birthday. It is adorable and weird and I just love it.

What’s your most interesting writing quirk?
If I go more than three days in a row without writing, I become anxious that I’ve forgotten how. (After 8 years that’s not likely, but still…)

What’s your favorite thing about the genre you write in?
Banter. I love watching the verbal sparks fly!

What is the hardest thing about being an author?
The uncertainty, and constantly changing industry. But at the end of the day, the stories are always there. That’s a comfort.

What’s the easiest thing about being an author?
Coming up with ideas. I have so many stories I want to tell, I’ll never get them all out in one lifetime.

What do you wish someone had asked you for an interview question? 
Question: Do you really believe in happy endings and true love, or is this all a bunch of crap you spew out to sell books?

Answer: I ABSOLUTELY believe in happy endings and true love. My books are informed by the amazing love I’ve found. I want every lonely person in the world to find a partner as loving, supportive, funny, and magical as mine. Love—long let it live and grow!

Tell us about your latest release!
I released all 5 of the “Always a Bridesmaid” books at once. I had a blast writing them all, but Keeping You is probably the closest to my heart. It tells the story of a single mom with a young daughter finding happy ever after with the one who got away. It is such a sexy, sweet story and, as a former single mom, it tugged my heartstrings. I was so excited to give these two characters (and their sweet baby girl) a happy ending.

Blurb for Keeping You (Always a Bridesmaid 2)

A marriage of insanity...

Aria March and Nash Geary's first summer fling ended badly, very badly, and they haven't spoken a civil word to each other since they were teens.

Twelve years later, Aria is back in Summerville, fighting for custody of her little girl, and it sure wouldn't hurt her case to be in a committed relationship. Fresh from a nasty breakup, Nash will do anything to one-up Rachael, the woman who broke his heart a few months ago, even agree to a marriage of inconvenience to Aria March.

But all too soon the line between reality and fantasy begins to blur, and Nash and Aria find there are better things than revenge. There is forgiveness, and sexy second chances with the one who got away.

Fans of Bella Andre, Kristan Higgins, and Susan Mallery will love the Always a Bridesmaid romance series, stories featuring sassy Southern women and the alpha males who love them.

~*~

Short excerpt from Keeping You (Always a Bridesmaid book 2)...

“What are you doing?” she squeaked, pulse racing as he pulled her closer, until she was in intimate contact with every muscled inch of the man Nash Geary had become.

“Acting like this is the real deal,” Nash murmured in his panty-melting drawl.

“We’re starting now?” Aria asked as she braced her hands on his chest. “Right now?”

“Right now,” Nash said, and then he kissed her.

For a second, Aria froze, her mouth motionless against his. Kissing Nash was so completely outside the bounds of how she had expected this trip to the beer tent to go that she couldn’t seem to get her brain and her body on the same page. But then his big hand cupped the back of her head and his mouth angled into more intimate contact with her own and Aria’s mind shut off the way she’d been wishing it would all night, leaving her body to make its own decisions.

And her body knew exactly what to do.

~*~


The complete Always A Bridesmaid series is available now!

Book 1: Betting on You  Amazon * B&N 

Book 2: Keeping You     
Amazon * 
B&N * 
iTunes * 
Kobo 

Book 3: Wild For You


Book 4: Catching You (A Summerville Short Story)
Book 5: Taking You (A Summerville Novella)

~*~

About Jessie Evans...

Jessie Evans gave up a career as an international woman of mystery
to write the sassy, Southern romances she always wanted to read.

She's married to the man of her dreams, and together they're raising a few adorable, mischievous children in a tree house in the boonies. She grew up in rural Arkansas, spending summers running wild, being chewed by chiggers, and now appreciates her home in a chigger-free part of the world even more.

When she's not writing, Jessie enjoys playing her dulcimer (badly), sewing the worlds ugliest quilts to give to her friends, going for bike rides with her house full of boys, and wandering the woods, glass of wine and camera in hand, on the lookout for Bigfoot.

A southern girl, born and bred, Jessie loves writing Southern romances with just the right amount of sizzle, and hopes you'll enjoy her stories set in the fictional town of Summerville, Georgia. Especially the "Always a Bridesmaid" series!

Connect with Jessie Evans on the Web!





~*~

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from you.